Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Kai Davis, and I have one goal: Help your business be better off than it was before you found me.
Maybe you’re struggling to get more traffic to your website. Or you want to expose your business and products to a wider audience, but you’ve hit the limit of your marketing knowledge. Perhaps you want to build relationships with journalists or influencers and find opportunities to work with them, but you aren’t sure how to get started.
I’ve been there. I’ve been through all of that. I stumbled forward in the dark for a few years, until I figured out the way forward. And I want to help you do the same.
So why should you listen to me?
You don’t have the time to do outreach yourself. I help independent product creators, like you, grow their audience of freelancers and consultants. I help get influencers to share your products with their audience by taking care of the details: looking after your most valuable relationships and building new ones.
How I got started…
My first introduction was like many of us — I was working with a partner building a small, self-funded product. We had a beautiful website and a wonderful product, but we didn’t have any traffic. So we started out building links to our store however we could. But, after awhile, we didn’t see any increase in our traffic. On top of that, we started to see the old ways — blog spam and focusing on the quantity of links instead of quality — fall out of favor. Gone were the days where we could blast a bunch of links and wait to see our rankings increase. Instead, our traffic was coming from a combination of Search Engine Optimization to help our store get found online and Digital Outreach / Public Relations to build relationships and earn our store links.
By focusing on building relationships with influencers in our audience and creating the type of content that our audience naturally wanted to read, share, and link to, we were able to earn high-quality, relevant links to our store and our traffic and sales slowly, incrementally started to climb.
And better yet? Because we were focusing on building relationships with influencers who had the same audience as us, their audience would naturally seek out our articles, interviews, and resources that we were creating and share it with other people in their community, bringing us new traffic, customers, and sales and earning us more high-quality, relevant links.
In the end, we discovered that this new flavor of Digital Outreach and Public Relations was safe, stable, and evergreen. By building relationships with influencers in our audience and working together to find opportunities to expose our best content and product to their audience, we were building our audience, earning relevant links to our store, and increasing our sales!
I make my living now helping retail bootstrappers, product creators, self-funded startups, and single founder companies with Digital Outreach to build their audience and increase their sales. I connect with influencers and work with them to expose their audiences to my client’s best products and content. I love what I do, but most importantly, I love the success stories I get each day from my readers, clients, and customers.
Interviews I’ve given around the web…
- Business of SEO Podcast (Positioning Yourself)
- Jake Jorgovan (Building up a Consulting Career)
- The Boring Business Show (Episode 1 with Kai Davis)
- The CartHook Show (Why You Need Outreach over SEO)
- The WordPress Chick(Scaling Your WordPress Business)
- The Deeply Graphic Design Cast (Growing Design Business part-5: Selling SEO)
- Freelance Transformation (How to Create Unique Positioning)
- Art of Value (Standardizing Value Through Products)
- Work Smart Play Hard (Interview with Kai Davis)
- Consulting Pipeline Podcast (Positioning and Your Audience)
- Play Your Position (Building Relationships and Remaining Relevant in Our Digital World)
- Podcastonomics (How to Do Better Outreach Through Podcasting)
- Consulting Pipeline Podcast (What’s the Deal With Active Listening?)
- The Business of Freelancing (How to Build an Audience as a Freelancer, and Why You Should Start Today)
- Freelance Transformation (Get Consulting Clients Through Podcast Appearances)
- Agency Advantage (Building an Audience to Keep Your Pipeline Full)
- Inbound Unboxed (Using Podcasts as an Inbound Marketing Tool)
- Ecommerce Pulse (How to double your audience through blogger outreach)
- Traffic and Leads Podcast (Lead Tip: Build Online Relationships)
- High-Income Business Writing – with Ed Gandia (How to Automate your Client Intake Process—Without Sounding Like a Robot)
- Goodlinks (Digital Outreach Strategies for eCommerce Businesses)
Guest Articles I’ve posted around the web…
- Insider SEO tips and tricks from AMA with Kai Davis
- How to Turbocharge your Podcast and Webinar Marketing
- How to Interview your Client and Propose a Value Based Price
Personal Profiles I’ve posted around the web…
- Student Success Spotlight with Kai Davis
- Catching up with Kai Davis Part 1
- Catching up with Kai Davis Part 2
(Would your audience enjoy having me on your podcast as a guest? Just send me an email and we can figure out a topic that works for your audience!)
Lastly, I do provide consulting services. This is how I make a living. But I’ll never try to hard sell you or anyone else, nor do I presume that I have a monopoly on information. I practice value-based pricing, I charge based on the amount of value I deliver.
I like to get to know each and every customer and reader of mine. My inbox is always open to you, and I’m happy to answer any and all questions or be a sounding board.